Summer School on Sustainable Development and Decent Work, Turin, 22 August – 2 September 2016
The International Training Centre, training arm of the International Labour Organization, runs training, learning and capacity development services for national and international partners in the field of decent work and sustainable development.
The new Summer School on Sustainable Development and Decent Work is intended for students at the undergraduate level with a fluent level of English. The intensive two week face-to-face training programme will be held in our campus in Turin (Italy), from 22 August – 02 September 2016. The Summer School offers an excellent opportunity to analyse new trends and practices in the world of work and development in an international setting (the UN Campus in Turin) with privileged access to specialists and experts within the ILO and the broader UN network.
Taking the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the post-2015 Development Agenda as a starting point, the course provides an interdisciplinary overview and raises awareness on issues of economic and social sustainable development, with a special focus on labour topics and international organizations. The programme includes subjects as: the work of international organizations and their respective development agendas and approaches; socio-economic development in industrialized and non-industrialized countries; the ILO and the world of work; promotion of gender equality; employment policies to facilitate job-rich growth; the sustainable enterprise development framework; green economy for development.
For more information regarding the course please consult: http://www.itcilo.org/calendar/28586?set_language=en.
Last 5 posts by Professor Gentian Zyberi
- New Publication: Jan Arno Hessbruegge, Human Rights and Personal Self-Defense in International Law, Oxford University Press (2017) - February 21st, 2017
- CALL FOR PAPERS: “THE ROLE OF THE INTER-AMERICAN COURT OF HUMAN RIGHTS: JURISPRUDENCIAL ADVANCES AND NEW RESPONSES” Oslo, 15 May 2017 - February 20th, 2017
- Call for Papers: JTMS Summer/Fall 2017 Issue - February 17th, 2017
- Call for Papers: AsianSIL Interest Group on International Law in Domestic Courts, Deadline 23 April 2017 - February 16th, 2017
- iCourts and PluriCourts PhD Summer School on International Law: Courts and Contexts, 26 June - 30 June 2017 - February 15th, 2017