Summer School on Sustainable Development and Decent Work, Turin, 22 August – 2 September 2016
The International Training Centre, training arm of the International Labour Organization, runs training, learning and capacity development services for national and international partners in the field of decent work and sustainable development.
The new Summer School on Sustainable Development and Decent Work is intended for students at the undergraduate level with a fluent level of English. The intensive two week face-to-face training programme will be held in our campus in Turin (Italy), from 22 August – 02 September 2016. The Summer School offers an excellent opportunity to analyse new trends and practices in the world of work and development in an international setting (the UN Campus in Turin) with privileged access to specialists and experts within the ILO and the broader UN network.
Taking the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the post-2015 Development Agenda as a starting point, the course provides an interdisciplinary overview and raises awareness on issues of economic and social sustainable development, with a special focus on labour topics and international organizations. The programme includes subjects as: the work of international organizations and their respective development agendas and approaches; socio-economic development in industrialized and non-industrialized countries; the ILO and the world of work; promotion of gender equality; employment policies to facilitate job-rich growth; the sustainable enterprise development framework; green economy for development.
For more information regarding the course please consult: http://www.itcilo.org/calendar/28586?set_language=en.
Last 5 posts by Professor Gentian Zyberi
- The use of armed force in Syria: getting from bad to worse? - April 15th, 2017
- CfP: Special Issue on the Relationship between International Human Rights Law and International Humanitarian Law, Guest Editors: Steven Dewulf and Katharine Fortin - April 12th, 2017
- The International Criminal Court Summer School 2017, 19-23 June 2017, NUI Galway, Ireland - April 11th, 2017
- Just published: Spring 2017 issue of the European Journal of Legal Studies - April 10th, 2017
- CALL FOR PAPERS: DEVELOPING A BENEFIT-COST FRAMEWORK FOR DATA POLICY GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY ANTONIN SCALIA LAW SCHOOL with the FUTURE OF PRIVACY FORUM - April 7th, 2017