Academy of European Law summer courses in Human Rights Law and the Law of the European Union
The Academy of European Law (AEL) holds two summer courses each year, on Human Rights Law and the Law of the European Union. The Academy’s Summer Courses are renowned for their innovative and cutting-edge topics, combined with the highest standards of academic content presented by leading scholars and thinkers. Each year the courses attract highly qualified participants from all around the world and the mix of participants from different backgrounds makes the experience of attending the summer courses a very rewarding one.
The 2016 Human Rights Law Course will be held from 20 June to 1 July. It comprises a General Course on ‘The Sources of International Human Rights Law’ by Professor Jean d’Aspremont (University of Manchester and University of Amsterdam) and a series of specialized courses on the topic of ‘The Sources of Human Rights’ by leading scholars from universities all over the world.
The 2016 Law of the European Union Course will be held from 4 July to 15 July. It comprises a General Course on ‘The Global Reach of EU Law’ by Professor Joanne Scott (University College London) and a series of specialized courses on the same topic by leading scholars and practitioners in the Law of the European Union.
The two-week courses are held at the European University Institute, in the hills above Florence, and participants leave with positive memories of the extremely high intellectual standard of the courses, the EUI facilities including the library, the beautiful venue, and the interaction with other participants from all over the world. Some participants come to study at the EUI in later years, and it is not unusual to see participants returning for a second or third summer course.
The deadline for applications is Monday 4 April 2016.
For further information, visit the Academy’s website at http://www.eui.eu/DepartmentsAndCentres/AcademyEuropeanLaw/SummerSchool/Index.aspx
Last 5 posts by Gentian Zyberi
- PluriCourts Conference: 'Adjudicating international trade and investment disputes: between interaction and isolation', 25-26 August, Oslo - June 19th, 2016
- Palestine and Kosovo have become members of the Permanent Court of Arbitration - June 19th, 2016
- Lex Petrolea – Reality or Myth?, London, 21 June 2016 - May 20th, 2016
- 6th World Congress Against the Death Penalty, Oslo, 21-23 June 2016 - May 12th, 2016
- 12th Annual Conference of the European Society of International Law (ESIL), Riga, 8-10 September 2016 - May 12th, 2016