Edited volume: ‘An Institutional Approach to the Responsibility to Protect’, Cambridge University Press, 2013
My edited book entitled ‘An Institutional Approach to the Responsibility to Protect’ has been published last week by Cambridge University Press. Kevin T. Mason has ably and kindly assisted me in the editing process. Through its 22 chapters, covering the State, the main political organs of the UN, important regional and security organizations, international judicial institutions and the regional human rights protection systems, the book examines the roles and responsibilities of the international community regarding the responsibility to protect. It also proposes improvements to the current system of collective security and human rights protection.
- Examines the responsibility to protect from an institutional perspective, which has hitherto received little attention;
- Assesses the ability of existing institutions to effectively protect populations from mass atrocities and helps the reader understand and compare the different situations which fall under the responsibility to protect;
- Takes into account recent developments, including the intervention in Libya and the situation in Syria
For more information on the book visit the Cambridge University Press website here.
Last 5 posts by Professor Gentian Zyberi
- Call for Papers: Hague Justice Journal on ICTY Legacy - February 28th, 2017
- New Publication: Jan Arno Hessbruegge, Human Rights and Personal Self-Defense in International Law, Oxford University Press (2017) - February 21st, 2017
- CALL FOR PAPERS: “THE ROLE OF THE INTER-AMERICAN COURT OF HUMAN RIGHTS: JURISPRUDENCIAL ADVANCES AND NEW RESPONSES” Oslo, 15 May 2017 - February 20th, 2017
- Call for Papers: JTMS Summer/Fall 2017 Issue - February 17th, 2017
- Call for Papers: AsianSIL Interest Group on International Law in Domestic Courts, Deadline 23 April 2017 - February 16th, 2017