Conference on the Commission Proposal on the Establishment of a European Public Prosecutor’s Office (EPPO), The Hague, 6 September 2013
The T.M.C. Asser Instituut has the pleasure to invite you to the conference on criminal law protection of the European Union’s financial interests in order to discuss the Commission’s recent proposal on the establishment of a European Public Prosecutor Office (EPPO). The conference will be providing the first opportunity to assess the Commission’s proposal.
This event will focus on four different aspects of the proposed office. Firstly, it will touch upon the issues of the principles of subsidiarity, conferral of competences and proportionality. Secondly, the division of rules of substance and procedure governing the EPPO operations between the Union and the Member States will be discussed. Thirdly, the relationship between Article 85 and Article 86 TFEU as the legal basis for EPPO will be addressed, and lastly, the enhanced cooperation, as a framework for the EPPO to function in, will be analysed.
Primary objective of the conference is to assess the Commission’s proposal, especially, but not exclusively, from an academic legal perspective. Policy issues will also be addressed. This event will gather a wide range of participants, including prominent legal experts active in the academic field, representatives of the EU institutions, as well as delegates of the EU Member States and their public prosecution offices.
Venue: T.M.C. Asser Instituut, The Hague
Full fee: € 175- per person
Early Bird fee: €145,-
The early bird applies to registrations before the 26th of July 2013
(PHD) Student fee: € 75,-
Registration: Please register before the 23rd of August 2013 at www.asser.nl/EPPO
Please review the online Registration Information & Conditions before registration
More information: http://www.asser.nl/events.aspx?id=368
Last 5 posts by Student Editor
- Call for Applications- Joint Interdisciplinary PhD Program in Human Rights - December 20th, 2014
- Recruiting a Professor of International Law: Hertie School of Governance, Berlin - December 19th, 2014
- Conference Announcement: In Pursuit of Pluralist Jurisprudence, Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore - December 19th, 2014
- New Research Fellow position in Business and Human Rights at BIICL - December 18th, 2014
- Call For Papers: Cahiers de droit europeen Conference on the General Principles of European Union Law - December 18th, 2014