Workshop on the International Tribunals and the ICC
Royal University in partnership with the International Criminal Bar, the International Criminal Defence Attorneys Association, the National Association of Criminal Defence Lawyers and the Hague University of Applied Science, is offering a three-day training workshop on international criminal law and procedure in Victoria, B.C., Canada.
The training will take place between 18-20 July 2013.
The forum will address substantive law, advocacy skills, novel approaches, procedural and ethical dilemmas for lawyers engaged in international criminal matters and practice before the ad hoc International Tribunals and the International Criminal Court (ICC). Presentations will be in English by distinguished criminal law practitioners from Canada, the United States and Europe. The forum will also provide a unique opportunity to meet lawyers and experts in this highly specialised field. The sessions are designed to encourage a dialogue around critical international criminal law issues and to help equip lawyers to practice criminal law nationally and internationally.
Additional information, the registration form and a draft agenda can be found here.
Last 5 posts by Student Editor
- Conference on ‘Mega-Regionals and the Future of International Trade and Investment Law’ in Dresden on 23rd & 24 October 2014 - August 31st, 2014
- Conference on ‘The Future of Ethics in International Arbitration’ in London on 11 September 2014 - August 31st, 2014
- ESIL Lecture: Human Rights Protection- the Role of the European Court of Human Rights - August 31st, 2014
- The Institute for Global Law and Policy is accepting applications for 2015 Workshop to be held in Doha - August 30th, 2014
- BIICL event on ‘International Arbitration and Developing Countries’ - August 28th, 2014