ILA Regional Conference 2013 and Call for Papers
The International Law Association Regional Conference 2013 will take place between 29 and 31 August 2013, at Cape Sounion, Athens, Greece.
This Regional Conference, aptly taking place at the crossroads between the developed and the emerging world in times of global crisis, aims to concentrate on manifestations of the rule of law, with particular reference to Governance, Trade and Resources. These areas are at the heart of current developments on the global scene, within a framework of international regulations, multiple actors, changing patterns of authority between and within States, emerging global needs leading to a renewed attention to human rights, energy and development.
In this context, this Regional Conference will explore cutting-edge issues within each field but also questions arising from the interplay between them. Panels under the general theme of Governance will provide both the background discussion on the architecture of international law and the prospects of further development in certain areas, such as the role assigned to actors on the international scene and the shifting structures of mechanisms on the protection of human rights, financial sovereignty and dispute settlement. Panels under the general theme of Trade will explore issues related to the workings of the WTO, investment and shipping. How these faces of reality in trade project into a more comprehensive system of trade governance is the natural query arising from their parallel development and invites further reflexion. Panels under the general theme Resources will discuss new challenges pertaining to the management of shared resources, including energy and cultural resources, and their impact on sustainable development.
The Programme Committee cordially invites the submission of proposals on the themes of Governance, Trade and Resources.
The deadline for submission of proposals is Friday, 21 June 2013!
All proposals must be addressed to: email@example.com.
More information can be found here.
Last 5 posts by Student Editor
- Call for Applications- Joint Interdisciplinary PhD Program in Human Rights - December 20th, 2014
- Recruiting a Professor of International Law: Hertie School of Governance, Berlin - December 19th, 2014
- Conference Announcement: In Pursuit of Pluralist Jurisprudence, Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore - December 19th, 2014
- New Research Fellow position in Business and Human Rights at BIICL - December 18th, 2014
- Call For Papers: Cahiers de droit europeen Conference on the General Principles of European Union Law - December 18th, 2014