International Law in a Multipolar World, American Society of International Law, 107th Annual Meeting, Washington D.C. April 3 – 6, 2013
Early Bird Discounts End January 31, 2013 – Click here for full details and to register.
With over a century of tradition and experience behind it, the American Society of International Law’s Annual Meeting has become the most important gathering in the field of international law.
More than 1,200 practitioners, academics, and students travel to Washington, DC, each spring from all over the world to debate and discuss the latest developments in their field.
International Law in the Obama Administration: The First Four Years
• with Harold Koh, Michael Posner, Anne-Marie Slaughter, and Donald Donovan
Honoree/Speaker: Judge Bruno Simma, Iran-U.S. Claims Tribunal
Speaker: V.V. Johnny Veeder, Esq., QC
Global Governance, State Sovereignty, and the Future of International Law
• with José Alvarez, Joel Trachtmann, Danny Bradlow, and Judge Bruno Simma
Honoree/Speaker: Diane Marie Amann, University of Georgia School of Law
Plus more than 40 substantive sessions on a wide variety of topics including:
- Polar Law: The Challenges of Governance in the Changing Arctic
- Kiobel, the ATS, and Human Rights Litigation in U.S. Courts
- China and International Law
- Unquenchable Thirst: the Outlook for Energy Disputes in Africa
- Uncommon Remedies in International Dispute Resolution
- Challenges and Approaches to Effective Cyberspace Governance in a Multi-Polar World
- G20 and Beyond – The Influence of Emerging Countries on the Architecture of International Economic Law
- The Changing Relationship between the UN and the African Union on Matters of Peace and Security-Legal Implications
- Remote Warfare: the Moral and Legal Challenges of Targeted Killings in a Multipolar World
The program will include CLE credit-hours; Interest Group meetings; receptions; and the Annual Gala Dinner, Dessert & Dance Party.
Last 5 posts by salmayusuf
- PhD's National Education Index - February 24th, 2013
- The Rule of Law: The Security Council and Accountability: Cross-Cutting Report - January 19th, 2013
- Yusuf, Salma (2012) "The Rise of Judicially Enforced Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights--Refocusing Perspectives," Seattle Journal for Social Justice: Vol. 10: Iss. 2, Article 3. - November 22nd, 2012
- SEATTLE JOURNAL FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE: Current Issue, Volume 10, Issue 2 - November 17th, 2012
- Two Global Superpowers, One Global Challenge - November 8th, 2012