Methodological Challenges in Human Rights Research – research training course
The Norwegian Centre for Human Rights (University of Oslo) is organizing a research training course in cooperation with the European University Institute and Åbo Akademi, under the umbrella of the Nordic Network in Human Rights Research. This event will take place at the European University Institute in Florence (Italy), on 10-14 June 2013. This course is part of the NordForsk-funded Nordic Network’s current project on “Methodological Challenges in Human Rights Research”, and is open to participation for Ph.D. students and post-doctoral researchers.
Human rights research is usually not seen as an academic discipline in itself but rather a field of research where different disciplines apply their own research questions, approaches and methodologies. This research training course will specifically look at comparative analysis as one of the approaches used by the legal discipline as well as other disciplines in the social sciences and humanities. The course will also discuss how comparative analysis may be conducted from interdisciplinary perspectives and critically reflect on benefits and limitations of applying different quantitative and qualitative approaches.
The call for papers is available here. Abstracts of about 200 words should be sent by 31 January 2013 to the organizers. Limited funding is available through the Nordic Network in Human Rights Research and the Åbo Akademi Institute for Human Rights (Finland) for travel and accommodation costs.
Last 5 posts by Gentian Zyberi
- Reminder: ADC-ICTY Annual Conference, “The Situation of Defence Counsel at International Criminal Courts and Tribunals”, 5 December - November 25th, 2015
- Conference on Energy Arbitration and Dispute Resolution in the Middle East and Africa, 7-8 March 2016, London - November 23rd, 2015
- PluriCourts Guest Researchers – Focus on the Environment and the International Judiciary - November 23rd, 2015
- MultiRights Project Final Conference: Reforms of the Individual complaint mechanisms in the UN treaty bodies and the European Court of Human Rights: Symptoms and Prescriptions – Mutual Lessons? - November 23rd, 2015
- CfP: 14th Annual Colloquium of the IUCN Academy of Environmental Law, Oslo, 20-25 June 2016 - November 17th, 2015