Methodological Challenges in Human Rights Research – research training course
The Norwegian Centre for Human Rights (University of Oslo) is organizing a research training course in cooperation with the European University Institute and Åbo Akademi, under the umbrella of the Nordic Network in Human Rights Research. This event will take place at the European University Institute in Florence (Italy), on 10-14 June 2013. This course is part of the NordForsk-funded Nordic Network’s current project on “Methodological Challenges in Human Rights Research”, and is open to participation for Ph.D. students and post-doctoral researchers.
Human rights research is usually not seen as an academic discipline in itself but rather a field of research where different disciplines apply their own research questions, approaches and methodologies. This research training course will specifically look at comparative analysis as one of the approaches used by the legal discipline as well as other disciplines in the social sciences and humanities. The course will also discuss how comparative analysis may be conducted from interdisciplinary perspectives and critically reflect on benefits and limitations of applying different quantitative and qualitative approaches.
The call for papers is available here. Abstracts of about 200 words should be sent by 31 January 2013 to the organizers. Limited funding is available through the Nordic Network in Human Rights Research and the Åbo Akademi Institute for Human Rights (Finland) for travel and accommodation costs.
Last 5 posts by Professor Gentian Zyberi
- Tanja Altunjan and Aziz Epik: The International Criminal Court in Crisis? - January 17th, 2017
- Applications for the European Master’s Programme in Human Rights and Democratisation (E.MA) 2017/2018 - January 17th, 2017
- Call for Papers: 6th ASIANSIL BIENNIAL CONFERENCE (SEOUL, KOREA) - January 16th, 2017
- ESIL Interest Group on Peace and Security Call for Papers, deadline 16 January - January 11th, 2017
- A list of human rights textbooks: From 2014 onwards - December 22nd, 2016