Methodological Challenges in Human Rights Research – research training course
The Norwegian Centre for Human Rights (University of Oslo) is organizing a research training course in cooperation with the European University Institute and Åbo Akademi, under the umbrella of the Nordic Network in Human Rights Research. This event will take place at the European University Institute in Florence (Italy), on 10-14 June 2013. This course is part of the NordForsk-funded Nordic Network’s current project on “Methodological Challenges in Human Rights Research”, and is open to participation for Ph.D. students and post-doctoral researchers.
Human rights research is usually not seen as an academic discipline in itself but rather a field of research where different disciplines apply their own research questions, approaches and methodologies. This research training course will specifically look at comparative analysis as one of the approaches used by the legal discipline as well as other disciplines in the social sciences and humanities. The course will also discuss how comparative analysis may be conducted from interdisciplinary perspectives and critically reflect on benefits and limitations of applying different quantitative and qualitative approaches.
The call for papers is available here. Abstracts of about 200 words should be sent by 31 January 2013 to the organizers. Limited funding is available through the Nordic Network in Human Rights Research and the Åbo Akademi Institute for Human Rights (Finland) for travel and accommodation costs.
Last 5 posts by Gentian Zyberi
- ESIL Annual Conference 2015, Oslo – Registration: early bird fees applicable until 30 April 2015 - April 15th, 2015
- Salzburg Law School on International Criminal Law, Humanitarian Law and Human Rights Law, 2-12 August 2015 - April 9th, 2015
- Matthew Saul, Popular Governance of Post-Conflict Reconstruction: The Role of International Law - April 3rd, 2015
- Venice Academy of Human Rights, 6-15 July - March 31st, 2015
- CfP: International Conference on International Law and Domestic Policies - 30-31 October 2015, Ankara, Turkey - March 30th, 2015