International Law Observer welcomes guest author Anna Dolidze
International Law Observer would like to welcome Anna Dolidze, JSD candidate at Cornell Law School and human rights lawyer, as a guest author. Anna will be giving a response to a recent article in the Washington Post on a possible transfer of Guantanamo prisoners to Georgia.
Anna has been advising international organizations, including the OSCE, the UN Development Program, the Russian Justice Initiative and Human Rights Watch on issues of human rights in the former Soviet Union. She has participated in high-level meetings with senior European and US leaders, making recommendations to the international community on how to promote reforms in key Georgian institutions. She is a sought-after speaker and writer on legal reforms and human rights issues in the former Soviet Union countries.
As former president of Georgian Young Lawyers Association (GYLA), the leading human rights organization in Georgia, Dolidze targeted legal reform, built civil society networks, and advocated for government transparency, accountability, and criminal justice reform. In that role, Dolidze often appeared before the Supreme and Constitutional Courts of Georgia, arguing to abolish legislation that infringes upon fundamental human rights.
Dolidze graduated from the Tbilisi State University Law School in 2002. She also has a Masters’ degree in International Law from the University of Leiden, the Netherlands. In 2007 Dolidze was hosted as a Podell Scholar at Risk at the New York University Law School, and in 2008 as a Research Fellow at Cornell Law School. Her human rights advocacy work is subject of a documentary At the Top of My Voice funded by Scholars at Risk Network and Vivian Prins Foundation.
Last 5 posts by Dr. Dominik Zimmermann
- CJICL conference - Call for papers - November 21st, 2014
- EIUC Training Seminar for International Electoral Observers, November 2014 - July 29th, 2014
- New issue of the European Journal of Legal Studies (EJLS) - July 29th, 2014
- Call for Papers: Workshop on "The (Comparative) Constitutional Law of Private-Public Arbitration" Max Planck Institute for International Law, Heidelberg - July 29th, 2014
- Conference: The Rule of Law and Its Application to the United Nations - July 24th, 2014