In memoriam: Thomas M Franck
International legal scholarship on 27. May lost one of its leading figures: Thomas M Franck passed away after a long struggle against cancer. At his last scholarly position he was Murry and Ida Becker Professor of Law Emeritus at NYU. Professor Franck was the author of more than thirty books and numerous articles in the field of international law. NYU law school has a page in memoriam and Opinio Juris features a good post by Chris Borgen remembering Professor Franck.
Last 5 posts by Dr. Dominik Zimmermann
- "The case law of the ICJ in investment arbitration" by Professor Alain Pellet - March 4th, 2014
- International Law Observer on Twitter - March 2nd, 2014
- Clip of the Week: Professor Martti Koskenniemi on Politics and International Law - February 16th, 2014
- Venice Academy of Human Rights 2014 - "Judicial Legitimacy and the Rule of Law" - February 8th, 2014
- Training Seminar for Short-Term IEO, March 2014 - February 3rd, 2014