In memoriam: Thomas M Franck
International legal scholarship on 27. May lost one of its leading figures: Thomas M Franck passed away after a long struggle against cancer. At his last scholarly position he was Murry and Ida Becker Professor of Law Emeritus at NYU. Professor Franck was the author of more than thirty books and numerous articles in the field of international law. NYU law school has a page in memoriam and Opinio Juris features a good post by Chris Borgen remembering Professor Franck.
Last 5 posts by Dominik Zimmermann
- "´Operation: Last Chance´, dilemmas of justice, and lessons for international criminal tribunals" by Sergey Vasiliev - November 5th, 2013
- In the wake of the uprisings, by Jan Wouters and Sanderijn Duquet - October 17th, 2013
- GoJIL Student Essay Competition 2013: "Principles of International Criminal Law" - August 12th, 2013
- Call for Papers: Journal on the Use of Force and International Law - July 30th, 2013
- New Edition and Website of the Goettingen Journal of International Law - July 30th, 2013