In memoriam: Thomas M Franck
International legal scholarship on 27. May lost one of its leading figures: Thomas M Franck passed away after a long struggle against cancer. At his last scholarly position he was Murry and Ida Becker Professor of Law Emeritus at NYU. Professor Franck was the author of more than thirty books and numerous articles in the field of international law. NYU law school has a page in memoriam and Opinio Juris features a good post by Chris Borgen remembering Professor Franck.
Last 5 posts by Dr. Dominik Zimmermann
- Guest Post: The Appeals Chamber judgment in Prosecutor v Ante Gotovina and Mladen Markač - July 19th, 2014
- The Independence of International Courts - New publication - June 29th, 2014
- International Law Observer collaborates with Oxford University Press - May 8th, 2014
- Upcoming panel discussion on migration by sea in the Mediterranean - April 22nd, 2014
- International Law Observer welcomes new author - April 15th, 2014