In memoriam: Thomas M Franck
International legal scholarship on 27. May lost one of its leading figures: Thomas M Franck passed away after a long struggle against cancer. At his last scholarly position he was Murry and Ida Becker Professor of Law Emeritus at NYU. Professor Franck was the author of more than thirty books and numerous articles in the field of international law. NYU law school has a page in memoriam and Opinio Juris features a good post by Chris Borgen remembering Professor Franck.
Last 5 posts by Dr. Dominik Zimmermann
- Upcoming panel discussion on migration by sea in the Mediterranean - April 22nd, 2014
- International Law Observer welcomes new author - April 15th, 2014
- European Journal of Human Rights – Journal européen des droits de l’homme - April 10th, 2014
- Guest Post: Looking at Maidan through the Nicaragua Standard: Did the EU and the US violate the Non-Intervention Principle? - March 18th, 2014
- "Iraq, detainee abuse, and the danger of humanitarian double standards" by Geoffrey S. Corn - March 18th, 2014